Woah, it's certainly been a 2020 to remember. We've already experienced a global pandemic with countrywide lockdowns, worldwide protests emerging from police brutality, Australian wild fires, Kobe Bryant's helicopter crash, and we're only half way through. The second half better throw some good news at us!
However - not only negative things happened this year by far. The stay-home season got many of us to find resilience though music and singing. #Quarantinekaraoke has been populating social medias around the world, and singing at home has become a popular leisure time activity during the quarantine times.
We at Singa dug into our data to find out what has been sung during these unusual times.
Jump straight to our singlist with the Top English songs of 2020 here. Here's what we discovered while looking at the most popular karaoke songs at Singa in the first half of 2020.
1) Our favourite decade was the 90's.
From Celine Dion to Oasis and The Cranberries, we loved our 90's karaoke songs still in 2020. From the top 100, 27 were songs from the golden decade of grunge and pop royalties, while 21 were from 2010's, and 16 from the 1980's.
2) We love to sing Adele and Elvis.
Both Adele and Elvis Presley have 5 songs in the top 100 English songs sung at Singa during the first half of 2020.
3) Dance Monkey and Someone You Loved could be on their way to modern karaoke classics.
These mega hits by Tones and I and Lewis Capaldi are the only 2019-2020 songs that made it to the top 10, which is otherwise heavily populated by songs like Bohiemian Rhapsody, I Want it That Way, and Dancing Queen.
4) Well.. we're still far from the Shallow.
The most sung song of the first half of 2020 was Shallow.
So let's get to it. Here are the TOP 100 karaoke songs listed.
Get singing straight away with our singlist.
The Top 100 Karaoke Songs of 2020 (by far)
- Shallow - Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper
- Dance Monkey - Tones and I
- Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
- Always Remember Us this Way - Lady Gaga
- My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
- Can't Help Falling in Love - Elvis Presley
- Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
- Dancing Queen - ABBA
- I Want It That Way - Backstreet Boys
- All Of Me - John Legend
- Wonderwall - Oasis
- Mamma Mia - ABBA
- Can You Feel the Love Tonight
- Hallelujah - Alexandra Burke
- My Way - Frank Sinatra
- Jolene - Dolly Parton
- Angels - Robbie Williams
- Africa - TOTO
- Still Loving You - Scorpions
- Take me Home, Country Roads - John Denver
- Zombie - The Cranberries
- Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
- Rolling in the Deep - Adele
- Someone Like You - Adele
- Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler
- Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
- Wannabe - Spice Girls
- Hotel California - Eagles
- Don't Stop Believing - Journey
- Wind of Change - Scorpions
- Piano Man - Billy Joel
- Don't Look Back in Anger - Oasis
- Hurt - Johnny Cash
- Bad Guy - Billie Eilish
- The Winner Takes It All - ABBA
- Stand by Me - Ben E. King
- Your Song - Elton John
- Love Me Tender - Elvis Presley
- Let It Go - Idina Menzel
- I Will Always Love You - Whintey Houston
- Make You Feel My Love - Adele
- Wish You Were Here (Memorial Version) - Rednex
- Lemon Tree - Fool's Garden
- Perfect - Ed Sheeran
- Don't Stop me Now - Queen
- Let It Be - The Beatles
- Hello - Lionel Richie
- Lose Yourself - Eminem
- The Sound of Silence - Simon & Garfunkel
- Bed of Roses - Bon Jovi
See 51 to 100 songs at Singa from our singlist - and get singing!
Remains to be seen if the second half of 2020 will sound different - that's your call. Keep your spirits high with a song, keep singing karaoke!
The data is from Singa consumer app and over 800 restaurants, nightclubs, libraries, pubs, clubs, retirements homes who use Singa Business. The top list is based on most sung English language songs on Singa in 2020 (excluding Finnish songs.)